Monday, July 23, 2012

Tool #2

For this posting, I've decided to join Diigo. I was was surprised to find out how easily I could expand my PLN. Already I have joined groups that share information and tips about education, and also about teaching English. I feel as though these resources can already help me, while still providing me an opportunity to connect more to other teachers. I plan on using Diigo in the classroom as a tool for not only my students, but also my colleagues in the department. I believe this tool can help us share interesting sites and ideas.

I really connected with Will Richardson's ideas on personal learning networks, and I'm starting to think that we must not only teach our students literacy in the subjects we teach, but also communicate to them the importance of building a reliable PLN. We have to educate our students on how to become good consumers of information on the Internet; we have to show students how to find, and communicate with, good and reliable sources of information.

One site that I plan on visiting in the future is TED.com. This website is dedicated to sharing relevant and interesting information, which could affect the way our students think.

No comments:

Post a Comment