Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Tool #3

1) I'm really glad that we are able to access Discovery Education. The thing I like most about this site is that I am able to view videos from specific subjects. With this tool I won't have to waste time surfing through youtube to try and find a video that deals with English. Don't get me wrong, I am still going to use youtube due to the amount of content available, but I just really like how Discovery Education separates some of the content available by subject.


2) Schoolhouse Rock - "Conjunction Junction"
What a classic!
 A Brief Background on Edgar Allen Poe from Teachertube.com




3) I learned a little bit about copyright and fair use in some of my mass communications classes, but I needed a bit of refreshing. I thought Eric Faden's video was a great way to try and explain the basics of fair use, I also enjoyed the mnemonic device for remembering guidelines to copyright and fair use. In tying back to students building PLN, I think it is important to teach students how to use and share resources in a responsible way (with a focus on using resources that fall under the Creative Commons license).

4) My dropbox has been downloaded. I can already see this tool being used for students to turn in projects (no more time wasted switching out usb drives).

No comments:

Post a Comment